Hello people! It's been a fun-filled second week and in my opinion, time passes by really quick! This week was more of sharpening and reinforcing on what I've learnt on my first week. I'll elaborate more about those below. :)
I've come to realise that every company, including United BMEC, has a standard operating procedure to follow. However, as I am attached to the finance department, I am deeply priviledged as I get to see the whole procedure unfold before me. Previously in my first week, I was only instructed to print invoices and delivery orders (DOs) without really knowing what was the purpose. Sometimes i was told to bring this invoices and DOs to certain people to sign for god knows what reason.
However, through this second week, I've understood and familiarize myself with different people in the company. All those DOs and invoices issued has a certain sales division in charge that was supposed to sign or deliver to the customer to sign. For example, one popular product my company sells is SANISPIRA, an italian patented air filter that blocks out the harmful haze particles. Below is a photo of the SANISPIRA packaging.
 |
| SANISPIRA City & Travel Packaging |
This product has attracted a handful of online customers. Therefore, I would have to issue the invoices and DOs and pass it to the division in charge, Emerson to sign it. Thereafter, I would proceed to the warehouse to get the stock and pass it to Emerson. After signatures have been inked on those DOs, they (Emerson or other divison in charge) would return us the blue,yellow and green copy. For the DOs, there is 5 copies which include: white (customer copy), blue (accounts copy), yellow & green (office copy) and pink (warehouse copy). Below is a photo of the different delivery order copies. (p.s. pardon my ugly fingers)
 |
| 5 Colours of Delivery Orders |
After we collated and sorted the invoices and DOs, I would then update an Excel file consisting of "Sales Invoices List" which I elaborated in the first post. Other than these tasks, I have also done quite a hand full of new tasks this week including the checking of inventory records for Alter-G. Alter-G is one of the many stroke machines United BMEC sells which helps stimulate the spinal nerves of stroke patients to help them in their rehabilitation. Also, I've learnt to add incoming payments into SAP. As some deliveries and staff claims are cash payments, my supervisor Joanne would record it in a book called "Petty Cash Book". Thereafter, she would usually enter these payments into SAP but this time round, she taught me on how to enter it in instead. Cash payments were added into a seperate account from other payment modes. In United BMEC, there are several payment modes which include: cheque, GIRO, cash and advance payment through telegraphic transfer (online transfer).
This second week has been a rather informative and useful week and I hope to learn more in the following week! Till next week guys! :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment