Hi guys! In a blink of an eye, 1 month of my internship has already passed. This week was filled with numerous interesting tasks which I would like to share! However, before sharing, I am pleased that I was assigned by United BMEC to handle a project to improve the workflow for Changi General Hospital for their rental of air mattresses. I will be working with my fellow interns, Jun Jie and Ayman, to come out with a cost efficient and effective proposal (hopefully) for United BMEC to utilize. However, I would share with you all more about it when I have more information about the project. Meanwhile, I would elaborate on the interesting tasks I have accomplished. (or still pending) Some of these tasks include: creating a new Excel sheet to better track inventory records and also accounting for the fixed assets in the company which I will elaborate below.
Firstly, I was assigned by Sau Wah to account for the furnitures and fittings in the company. (part of fixed assets) I was given a list of furnitures which looked something like that below.
 |
| List of furnitures and fittings of Untied BMEC |
The list consisted of item description, tag number, location and also the quantity of the equipment. Initially, I merely counted the quantity of the fixed asset to match that of the list. Some of the equipment in the office are in the photo below.
 |
| Some of the equipment in the office |
However, Guru, the IT staff in United BMEC explained to me why I had to account for the assets. Auditors, which I explained on the previous post, would not only check accounting records and inventory records. They would also check the fixed assets in the company. We must know which area the furnitures are at to be able to show them. Every furniture has a tag number that is unique. Below is a photo of a tag number on a table.
 |
| Tag number on a table |
Thereafter, I went around each area (sales area, admin area, finance area) to record the tag numbers of the furniture. After I was done recording, I created an excel sheet to simplify and allow easier referencing for the furniture. A screenshot of how the excel sheet looked like is below.
 |
Screenshot of Fixed Asset Excel sheet I created
|
I felt that the company has implemented various efficient solutions to tackle the problems of messy and chaotic records. A simple tag number was enough to help account which furniture was at which area of the company. I learnt new things this week and would be looking forward to more experiences next week! See you guys next week :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment