Last Thursday, I volunteered to help out Ronald, a salesperson, at Singapore General Hospital for the 10th International Society of Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery Congress 2015. It is an exhibition held annually that gathers surgeons and doctors from all over the world. There were lots of exhibition booths located in the Academia of SGH. Some interesting brands include Johnson & Johnson, Hyphens, QST, BK medical (from my company) and Abbott. Below are some photos of the exhibition.
My company, United BMEC, was promoting products from BK Medical that includes the Uroplasty Stimulator and the Ultrasound Flex Focus 500 & 800. However, products promoted at this congress had to be targeted at the Colorectal area of our body. Below is a photo of the Uroplasty Stimulator.
![]() |
| The Uroplasty Simulator |
![]() |
| Photo of our pamphlets that was distributed |
![]() |
| How our booth looks like |
I have never heard of this kind of exhibitions and I felt that it was an eye opening experience. I learnt quite a bit from the exhibition. Not only did I learn more about the medical products in the present, I also picked up how Ronald has used tactful approaches to converse with the surgeons and doctors. In the past, I thought that all exhibitions are organised to hard sell and promote customers to buy the products. However, Ronald explained to me that this exhibition is to create more brand awareness for United BMEC. This type of exhibitions come under the promotion strategy in the 4Ps, something I was familiar with at school when I learnt Marketing. All of a sudden, I realised that what I've learnt in school is in fact, been used very commonly in the real life business world.
I really do appreciate the opportunity to be able to participate in this congress and would love to have many more similar experiences again!







0 comments:
Post a Comment