Hello people! It's been a tiring week as I'm entrusted with the project I briefly told you all about last week! I feel really busy because not only do I have to carry on with my accounting responsibilities (which are countless), I also have to contribute to the project as well.
As my company United BMEC is deeply involved in the air mattress rental division in Singapore, we cater to several hospitals in Singapore including: Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Changi General Hospital, Mount Elizabeth Hospital, Parkway Hospitals, etc. However, there is a major flaw for the data recording procedure for CGH. Currently, installers of the mattresses would bring in a notebook with patients information that have installed the mattresses and also RCNs (Rental Consignment Notes) for patients which have terminated the mattresses daily. Thereafter, a staff of United BMEC has to utilize around 2 hours of their time to enter these data into a Microsoft Excel data sheet. Below is a picture of a blank RCN.
 |
| A blank RCN |
These manual entries by people are prone to human errors as we all know it. With bad handwriting by some installers to misinterpretations by the staff that records the data, it affects the billing process to CGH. Therefore, Don, one of the staff at BMEC, has assigned us this project in which we call Project JANA. This project is to basically eliminate the tedious data entry by the BMEC staff. The idea is to come out with electronic RCNs and to have a real time data management system. This would enable United BMEC to not have any hindrance when we bill CGH at the end of every month.
Currently, we are at the incubation process stage. We have come out with a document which states the problem statement, symptoms of the problem, impacts and goals we hope to achieve after implementation of the proposed idea. Below is a screenshot of our so called report.
 |
| Screenshot of our proposal |
I feel very excited to follow up with the project as this is a real life experience of project management. I feel we would benefit a lot from this process. As we are still at the incubation stage, I do not have much for you guys but I would talk to you'll more about it next week when I discover more interesting information ;)
0 comments:
Post a Comment