But first, let me explain the whole process before you guys get confused. Firstly, when a customer place an order with us, we would issue a sales quotation to the customer. After the customer has approved and confirmed the quotation, we would proceed to issue the purchase order and work order form to the supplier, prompting them to deliver us the goods. After the goods have arrived, we would have to enter it into the accounting software, SAP. This process is called goods received notes and it is done for us to keep track of our inventory data. Thereafter, we would draft the tax invoices and delivery orders and await our delivery man to deliver the goods to the customer. A few screenshots of the SAP accounting software is below.
| Overview of SAP |
![]() |
| Purchasing Tab in SAP |
![]() |
| Sales Tab in SAP |
Initially, I felt that it was a necessity for every company in Singapore to be audited. However, I felt that it was a hassle and failed to understand why companies must abide by their regulations. But, Mr Chee, my liaison officer explained to me that companies that have been audited will become more "trustworthy" in the market. This would allow the company to be more highly valued as compared to companies that have not been audited.
This week has been filled with many interesting experiences and I feel much more knowledgeable in a real business company in addition to the textbook theories and formulas that I have learnt in Singapore Polytechnic. I would love to share more but I'm sure you guys are getting bored already! I'll tell you'll more next week!


0 comments:
Post a Comment