With the short week, I regret that I have lesser news to share with you all this week. :( Other than the usual and mundane tasks I'm assigned to daily, I felt that there was 2 interesting information that I have learnt.
Firstly, I would like to update you guys on our project JANA. Last week, after constructing the work and information flow process chart, we have proceeded to draft out the costing for the project to be implemented this week. The costing table looks like what is seen below.
![]() |
| Costing Table |
After calculating the total savings and total costs, using our business knowledge we gained from SP, we calculated the payback period for the company to be able to begin enjoying savings after investing in the costs. Therefore, we took $36,960.98 divide by $2,192 to get a payback period of around 17 months. This means that after 17 months, whatever is saved by the company would be reducing it's total cost of operations.
The second thing that I learnt about this week was tendering. Initally, I often wondered how the sales team manages to get huge projects that generates sales of a few hundred thousand. However, when I inquired, Joanne, my supervisor, explained to me that our BMEC sales people often browse through the straits times to look for tenders. This tenders are offered by huge organisations such as NUH or ST Electronics or etc. These offers usually lasts for only a few days before the deadline. During these few days, the salesperson would create a proposal with the designated products they wanna propose to the organisation. However, as I learnt how to process all the tender documents, I realized that it isn't just a single report. It includes a lot of other documentation which some includes: equipment specifications, form of tender, risk assessment, company's business profile, annual financial accounts, GST registration, brochures and technical documents.
This week has been informative as always, even though it was a short one. I hope to learn more next week and share with you guys! :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment