Hello! In a blink of an eye, I'm halfway through my internship. If I quantify it, that's 960 hours of weekdays! After defining the problem statement for our project JANA the previous week, we have proceeded to draft the flow process narrative chart this week.
Initially when Don instructed us to craft out a process chart, we drew it out based on our own knowledge of flow charts. Below was what we initially came out with.
 |
Installation process flow chart
|
 |
| Termination process flow chart |
However, this flow charts only portrayed the processes done by a mixture of people (i.e. nurses, installers and BMEC staff). Don explained that it was not detailed enough for us to understand the breakdown of the processes. He showed us some examples of narrative flow charts which we crafted out that look like these below.
 |
| Existing installation flow process narrative chart |
 |
Proposed improved installation flow narrative process chart
|
With these narrative process chart, we can clearly see the breakdown of the tasks each role does in the CGH mattress business. However, this is only the flow process chart for physical human actions. Don required us to also craft out a information process chart that shows how the data flows. Through several hours of discussing and improvising, we came out with a information process chart as seen below.
 |
| Information narrative flow process chart |
All these flow charts were interesting to me as I have actually learnt it from a module in SP called Industrial Engineering. I was amused that the information I learnt from Industrial Engineering can be used in real life applications. As usual, work is still surprising me with information I never thought would relate to what I have picked up at SP. We are continuing to work on the project and hopefully I can tell you'll more about it next week! See you guys :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment